Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Discussion Twelve: Banshee

A bit of a continuation from last weeks discussion. What do you think a banshee looks like? Beautiful, ugly, ordinary? Supposedly a banshee wails if someone is about to die. Do you believe there is a creature--maybe not a banshee--that can foretell death? There have been some cases about animals knowing when someone is about to die. What are your thoughts on banshees? Real, or just Irish myth?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee

Next week Frankie and I will be having our first contest. It will be a photo contest. So, get your cameras ready!

3 comments:

  1. Banshee is a bad one to run into .. when I hear the word I think of the movie "Darby O'Gill and the little people" .. that was a nasty screaming banshee ..

    Marsali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenna- I think they do exist--the Irish and Celtic people seem to have a deeper connection to things from the past. They just seem more aware of things like this.

    Jess- Yep I agree with Brenna, they definitely exist. I think people from Celtic bloodlines are more open to supernatural things than maybe some of the rest. Not sure why, just that the past is a little closer to them.

    Brenna- I think it would be neat to see a banshee, but probably better if she's not screaming at the time. Of course, I wonder if she's just like anybody else when she's not foretelling a death? Then you wouldn't even know you'd seen one!

    Jess- Yeah, weird or what? And I read somewhere that each promonent Irish family had it's own personal banshee. So there must be a bunch of them. I wonder if they're like psychics or something. I'd still like to see one. Even if it was scary.

    Brenna- But maybe you can't till you're about to die. But then how would anybody know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good discussion, Brenna and Jess! You guys made a lot of good points. I didn't know that each Irish family had it's own. That is so cool!

    Marsali - I looked up that movie: it looks really interesting! Though I have to admit the pictures of the tiny king freaked me out.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete