Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Discussion Seven: Mothman

This is the one creature that scares me the most, but it's also fascinating. Mothman might be a little more obscure than some other paranormal creatures, so if you don't know a lot about it, that's okay. You can ask questions and give your opinion.

Mothman is a winged man-like creature that was very active between November 1966 and December 1967 in West Virginia (so if anyone lives around there beware, it's its hunting time now). Sometimes it is described as having a head and other times not so much. But most commonly it has red, glowing eyes, huge wings, super fast gliding ability (it doesn't flap its wings), and a piercing scream.

So, when your mom is driving you around at night and you see a red glow nearby...

http://www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com/page/Mothman

5 comments:

  1. Jess- Oooh, I watched a TV show that had Mothman on it-I forget which channel. Monsterhunters or something like that. People said this huge thing flew over their cars or jumped right in front of their cars. And it was real quiet and just showed up. That would be scary!

    Brenna- I saw that too. One lady said it flew right beside her car window and looked in at her with it's weird red eyes! Scary or what? I wonder where Mothman lives? And if there's more than one? Like maybe a Moth family? Cool and scary.

    Jess- Yep. Now we gotta go check out that website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess & Brenna, was the show you saw called Monster Quest? I love Monster Quest. It's on the History Channel.

    I love Mothman! But I don't believe that he is a flesh and blood creature. I think there is something MUCH more paranormal about him. He's been spotted all over the world. But he only shows up before a major disaster. It's like he's trying to warn us to watch out for danger.

    Has anybody seen the movie The Mothman Prophecies? If not, you need to rent it! It's scary, but VERY good.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenna & Jess--That was it! Monster Quest--we love that show too. We watch History Channel a lot. There are always good shows on there. We agree that Mothman has got to be paranormal. Too big to fly without flapping. Too scary to be around too. Wonder if he is trying to warn us?

    We will try to get that movie. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have that movie about the Mothman .. it was kewl .. a little creepy but still so awesome .. I think it is the height of paranormal .. since it has been seen for decades and all over ..

    Kelsyee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily - I like the idea that mothman is trying to warn us about disasters. I think that's a cool idea in general. I think mothman is sort of like Bigfoot, it exists, has been spotted a lot of times, but no one is truly sure what it looks like or really is. Mothman still scares me a lot. I think it's the flying that does me in.

    Kit - I love mothman! Not as much as werewolves, but it is a totally cool (OMG, I'm starting to write like my sister) being. I bet it is just misunderstood like a lot of paranormal creatures are. Kind of like The X-Files Frankenstein episode where the monster only wants to listen to Cher but everyone thinks he's a killer.

    Emily - "Post-Modern Prometheus". That's my favorite episode. Kit, we are becoming way too much alike.

    ReplyDelete